Max Bertola’s Biography
Alexandria, Egypt – Park City, Utah, USA
- Masters – English: 2001 – 2003 Utah State University Logan, UT, M. S. English – Technical Writing and Professional Communications
- Bachelors Bus. Mgmt: 1974 – 1978 Brigham Young University Provo, UT, B.S. Business Management – emphasis on Finance Minors: Accounting and Economics
- 2012 – 2015: NorthCentral University Prescott, AZ, Candidate PhD – E-learning: – Instructional Design and Educational Technology
- 2002 Governors Medal of Commendation for the development of the Inmate-to-Inmate tutoring program at the Utah State Prison
- 2003 Teacher of the Year – Adjunct English Faculty – UVSC
- 2003 – National Award – University Continuing Education Association – Online Course Development.
CEO and founder Park City Independent Accredited Online Highschool
Utah Valley University, Professor of English 2003 to Present (teaching 3 to 4 sections per semester year round)
Bertola Publishing – Online and Print Based Publishing
Max Bertola’s Southern Utah Travel Magazine 1985- 1995
- Wayne County Travel Brochures
- Deseret Village State Park Interpretive Guide
- Fremont Indian State Park Interpretive Guide
Association of Web-based Learning, CEO and Founder, E-Learning course development and management
- Phonics Online Course – $135,000 federal grant to develop a comprehensive reading program web-based.
- Utah Valley University – First Online Courses 1995: – Online Course Development
- Courses developed included
- Business Communications (first web-based cause offered by UVSC)
- Uniform Building Codes, Corporate Communications
- Business English
- Women’s Studies
- Punctuation Guide
- Water Quality Exam Preparation, and others.
- Utah State University – First Online Courses
- Business Communications
- Teaching Science, and others.
- Alpine Life and Learning – Alternative High School and Logan School District
- Huck Finn, Edgar Allen Poe, Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet
- Writing Fiction
- Writing, Graphs and Coordinate Geometry
- Age of Exploration
- Study Skills, and others
Utah Department of Corrections
- Online Firearms Training Manual and Certification Test. Used by over 1200 Officers at the Department of Corrections and Adult Probation and Parole for their annual firearms certifications.
- Corrections Newsletter – Managing Editor of the Department of Corrections Officer newsletter distributed weekly online to the 1500 employees of the Utah Department of Corrections.
- Personally received Governor’s Certificate of Merit.
Website publication and management
- Dahles Big and Tall – E-commerce site written and launched in 1996 and continued today with online sales approaching $400,000.
- University of Utah – Athletics ticketing site – Java data base e-commerce site currently providing all ticket sales for university events in football, basketball, volleyball and gymnastics.
- Utah State University – Athletics Department – site focused on the promotion of the football and basketball teams.
- Southern Utah Travel Guide – published since 1995 and the premier southern Utah travel site. Featured in Discovery Magazine and various national newspapers.
- Managed the travel websites or created publications for the following government entities: Box Elder County Travel and Tourism; Uintah County, Wyoming travel and tourism; Panoramaland tourism guide, and Wayne County Travel Council.
- Over 100 other websites created and managed.
- NuSkin International Program Director for the Dynamic Web Page Product. Over 3 million in annual sales – developed, launched and managed project and team of over 20 DWP specialists. Received Big Planet Spirit Award for project contributions.
- International Training Campaigns – marketed, managed and presented “Doing Business on the Internet” workshops in Canada, Alaska, California, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Georgia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Massachusetts, Virginia, Washington, D.C.
- Timpanogos Literacy Center – Inmate-to-Inmate Tutoring Program. Successfully organized, launched and managed a literacy program. Over 100,000 volunteer hours from participants in the program. Received the Medal of Merit from Governor Mike Leavitt – the highest commendation available.
- Utah County Journal – Managing Editor
- Max Bertola’s Southern Utah.
- St. George area trail guides – 3 separate guides on area activities.
- Pioneer Trails State Park – Interpretive Guide.
- Fremont Indian State Park – Interpretive Guide.
- Max Bertola’s one-man fine art show – Edge of the Cedars Museum in Blanding, Utah.
- Utah State University Football Photographer
- Photographs used for stock photography in books and magazines including cover images for the Utah Department of Natural Resources and the feature image in the new London, England Restaurant named “Moab.”